Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New crochet stitch - new blanket

In spending too much time on Pinterest :o) I found this little stitch that I totally fell in love with.
 It is a sc, dc, dc all in the sc of the previous row.
 I started a chain that I had done the math and thought I would wind up with a blanket that would be approximately 4 feet wide.  Well....it wound up being 6 feet wide (obviously, I need to go back to 1st grade!) so now I have decided that is the length - I have made it 2 feet wide so far and have about 2 feet to go.  It is truly eating the yarn though.  I have used a one pound ball of yarn and 2 other normal size balls of yarn that were in my stash and then purchased another one pound ball of yarn of which I am about one quarter of the way through.  It is going to be one heavy, warm blanket!!
 Both my husband and my daughter want a bright turquoise edging so this is what I chose.  I am not quite sold on it yet.  What do you think?
 This is my progress so far.  My oldest daughter asked if it could be all white, and I had said, "Sure!"  Now, after hours and hours of time with this monster, I am sort of regretting that decision.  Just a little color, please?????
This is the current book that I am pouring over.  It is really well written and easy to follow.  I am planning on trying out some of these ideas in the new scarf that I am trying to make from start to finish on my loom.  So far, I really like the Leno Lace so that will make it into the scarf, but I'm not sure what else.

Click on the links on the sidebar for other WIPs.

7 comments:

flyingjen said...

That's a great stitch. I joined a square swap on Ravelry and have knit most of the squares so far, but have been looking for an easy crochet pattern to a quicker square. This will be it I think. SC, DC, DC sounds good!

mkonieczki said...

Oh, that's a neat stitch! I like the all white.

Adrialys said...

I love the stitch. I think the edging in the bright color will look good. :)

Karens Quilts, Crows and Cardinals said...

It's a beautiful Stitch! Love how even and perfect your stitches are too!

Unknown said...

Ooo I love that stitch! It's so pretty and has such nice texture. Thanks for sharing at Hookin On Hump Day!

DoLoe said...

Love the stitch. Would make a lovely winter afghan throw since the stitch is heavy & close. Thanks for sharing.

DoLoe said...

Love the stitch. Would make a lovely winter afghan throw since the stitch is heavy & close. Thanks for sharing.